What was New - 1995 and Before
Manitoba Live Steamers Home Page
November 27, 2005
May 04, 2005
- Put the club constitution on private members only web site.
- Made some changes to the home page to improve fonts for Internet Explorer web browsers.
April 22, 2005
- Simplified the title of the web page. Took out the word "Association" to prevent word wrap at 640*400 screen settings.
- Fixed two internal hyperlinks that some browsers were having trouble with.
- Implemented a URL icon . Should appear alongside this web site's URL within browser navigation bars, Bookmarks, and Favorites.
- Improved the Introduction page for different screen settings.
- Expanded the screen setting recommendations in the home page.
- Minor formatting improvements to the Membership page.
April 17, 2005
- Added a table of content section to the Links Page.
- New link to the Milwaukee Light Engineering Society under American Live Steamers.
- New engineering dictionary links.
- Changed home page to recommend higher screen resolution. Added link to index.
- Changed the picture in the Track page.
April 10, 2005
- Spelling corrections and other minor editorial changes to flood pictures.
- New link to Golden Horseshoe Live Steamers
- New link to British Live Steamer web sites. West Wilts Society of Model Engineers
- New link to The Model Engineer Support Page
- New link to Steam Engine Valve Gear Simulation Software
April 3, 2005
- Follow up pictures of spring flooding at the track.
April 1, 2005
- More pictures of spring flooding at the track.
- Reduced the red borders of web page to increase viewing area.
- Included link from home page to the "What is New" page.
March 22, 2005
- Pictures of our track under spring flood.
- Invisible changes made to improve ranking in Google's search engines.
- Change in time and location of the next general member's meeting.
- Latest club minutes archived.
March 21, 2005
- Small improvements throughout.
- More club minutes archived.
March 3, 2005
- Issue #2 of the club's newsletter is now posted.
February 19, 2005
- New links to converters and calculators.
- Membership page included. Archived copies of club meeting minutes.
February 1, 2005
- Official announcement of Steam Meet for the summer of 2005.
- Made correction to the new Treasurer of the Executive of 1995.
January 20, 2005
- Incorporated GPS and mapping information.
December 09, 2004
- Updated 1995 Executive.
December 07, 2004
- Corrected a broken link to CPR Community Programs.
December 05, 2004
- Included maps of North America and Manitoba in the Introduction with historical notes.
September 20, 2004
- Included links to computer animations of steam engine valve systems.
September 11, 2004
- Access to Steam Meet Pictures with updated copyright notices.
August 29, 2004
- Removed access to Steam Meet Pictures until further notice.
August 28, 2004
- Added 85 more pictures from the Steam Meet.
August 04, 2004
- Added 12 pictures from the Steam Meet.
July 27, 2004
- Added three new Hudson links for the CPR Empress.
- Had all links to non steamer sites open in a new page
- Put a standard hyperlink on more web home page
- Changes made to the first loading index page to improve search results
July 26, 2004
- All PDF files in the "Events" web page now load in a new window
- Links to local sites of interest in Winnipeg in the "Events" web page all load in a new window
- Minor word changes to the PDF instructions
- Put the links in the link page in alphabetical and geographical order
- Added the "Maricopa Live Steamers" to the American link list
July 11, 2004
- Addition of new web page to contain club newsletters
- Removal of club secretary's email
- Included the last update of the web site on the home page
June 28, 2004
- Link to the Vancouver Island Model Engineers was pointing to the British Columbia Society of Model Engineers home page. Link corrected. New link to the British Columbia Society of Model Engineers home page.
June 25, 2004
- added the Annual Meet Newsletter in PDF format .
March 08, 2004
- Included a map of Winnipeg and associated places of interest for visitors who wish to attend our meet this August.
March 07, 2004
- included eight more pictures on the 2002 Steam Meet
- modifications to improve search engine results
- added a link to Environment Canada's Winnipeg Weather Forecast and Statistics
- included pictures on the 2002 Steam Meet
- provided links between the "introduction" web page and some pictures
- provided links between the "track and facilities" web page and some pictures
- added the St. Croix Railroad Link
March 05, 2004
- included a new web page for the executive list
- added page of track and facilities
- made a correction in the introduction. MLS was 'formed in 1939'
February 29, 2004
February 22, 2004
- added steam meet announcement in the 'events' web page
- added a margin on some web pages
- brought some of the HTML closer to World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards
February 17, 2004
- removed frame border to increase viewing area
- change HTML code so that ARIAL font would be expressed on all browsers
- added hyperlinks inside the Introduction section and made minor word changes there
- lightened the background colours for more contrast
- standardized the fonts
- included eight pictures of a vintage locomotive, a Hudson named CPR Empress
Manitoba Live Steamers Home Page